The 10 Most Popular Agile Books
We focus mostly on programming books, but when talking about programming, it’s hard to avoid mentioning an agile process. To help improve your process, we have crafted a list of the 10 most popular agile books for 2016!
- Agile Estimating and Planning [Read now]
Agile software development requires Agile planning techniques. Agile Estimating and Planning addresses this need. Detailed, Proven Techniques for Estimating and Planning Any Agile Project Agile Estimating and Planning is the definitive, practical guide to estimating and planning agile projects
- Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum [Read now]
Proven, 100% Practical Guidance for Making Scrum and Agile Work in Any Organization This is the definitive, realistic, actionable guide to starting fast with Scrum and agile–and then succeeding over the long haul. Leading agile consultant and practitioner Mike Cohn presents detailed recommendations, powerful tips, and real-world case studies drawn from his unparalleled experience helping hundreds of software organizations make Scrum and agile work.
- Impact Mapping: Making a Big Impact with Software Products and Projects [Read now]
Software is everywhere today, but countless software products and projects die a slow death without ever making any impact. This handbook is a practical guide to impact mapping, a simple yet incredibly effective method for collaborative strategic planning that helps organisations make an impact with software. Impact mapping fits nicely into several current trends in software product management and release planning, including goal-oriented requirements engineering, frequent iterative delivery, agile and lean software methods, lean startup product development cycles, and design thinking
- Specification by Example: How Successful Teams Deliver the Right Software In this book, author Gojko Adzic distills interviews with successful teams worldwide, sharing how they specify, develop, and deliver software, without defects, in short iterative delivery cycles. Seven patterns, fully explored in this book, are key to making the method effective. About the Book This book distills from the experience of leading teams worldwide effective ways to specify, test, and deliver software in short, iterative delivery cycles
- Agile Project Management with Kanban (Developer Best Practices) [Read now]
Use Kanban to maximize efficiency, predictability, quality, and value With Kanban, every minute you spend on a software project can add value for customers. One book can help you achieve this goal:Agile Project Management with Kanban. Author Eric Brechner pioneered Kanban within the Xbox engineering team at Microsoft
- The Software Craftsman: Professionalism, Pragmatism, Pride (Robert C. Martin Series) [Read now]
Be a Better Developer and Deliver Better Code Despite advanced tools and methodologies, software projects continue to fail. In The Software Craftsman: Professionalism, Pragmatism, Pride, Sandro Mancuso offers a better and more fulfilling path. His involvement with Software Craftsmanship began in 2010, when he founded the London Software Craftsmanship Community (LSCC), now the world’s largest and most active Software Craftsmanship community, with more than two thousand craftsmen
- The Scrum Field Guide: Practical Advice for Your First Year (Agile Software Development Series) [Read now]
If you’re one of them, The Scrum Field Guide will give you skills and confidence to adopt Scrum more rapidly, more successfully, and with far less pain and fear. Long-time Scrum practitioner Mitch Lacey identifies major challenges associated with early-stage Scrum adoption, as well as deeper issues that emerge after companies have adopted Scrum, and describes how other organizations have overcome them.
- SAFe® 4.0 Reference Guide: Scaled Agile Framework® for Lean Software and Systems Engineering [Read now]
” –Product Manager, Fortune 500 Enterprise Captured for the first time in print, the SAFe body of knowledge is now available as a handy desktop reference to help you accomplish your mission of building better software and systems. The SAFe knowledge base was developed from real-world field experience and provides proven success patterns for implementing Lean-Agile software and systems development at enterprise scale. Education & Training Key to Success The practice of SAFe is spreading rapidly throughout the world
- Agile Data Warehousing Project Management: Business Intelligence Systems Using Scrum [Read now]
You have to make sense of enormous amounts of data, and while the notion of “agile data warehousing might sound tricky, it can yield as much as a 3-to-1 speed advantage while cutting project costs in half. Bring this highly effective technique to your organization with the wisdom of agile data warehousing expert Ralph Hughes. Agile Data Warehousing Project Management will give you a thorough introduction to the method as you would practice it in the project room to build a serious “data mart
- The Scrumban [R]Evolution: Getting the Most Out of Agile, Scrum, and Lean Kanban (Agile Software Development Series) [Read now]
Create Thriving, High-Performing Teams and Organizations with Scrumban Scrumban allows you to use Kanban as a catalyst for increasingly valuable changes to your existing software development processes, amplifying and expanding upon Scrum’s benefits. Pioneering Scrumban coach Ajay Reddy clarifies Scrumban’s core concepts and principles, and illuminates their application through real-life examples. Discover how Scrumban can help you reignite stalled Agile initiatives Clarify crucial relationships between purpose, values, and performance Quickly develop shared understanding in and across teams Use Scrumban to better manage Product Owner/Customer expectations Improve the rollout of Scrum in any team using Scrumban Use Scrumban and let real improvements spread with least resistance Use the right metrics to gain insight, track progress, and improve forecasting Take advantage of Scrumban’s advanced capabilities as you gain experience Develop leaders to successfully guide your Agile initiatives Integrate modeling to reliably refine your forecasting and decision-making